Momma Courageous

Parenting Teens With Courage and Candor

More About Me...

I am a mother of four who is insanely passionate about raising kids who are responsible, compassionate, curious, ethical and fun. I am often considered a cross between Mary Poppins and a drill sergeant, but who asked? By day, I am a social media enthusiast, Internet marketer, wife, mother, friend, tennis junkie and owner of Wonderfish Creative Solutions.

Another Tid-Bit

While Momma Courageous is For Mommas and By Mommas, there is definitely something for anyone who has considered pulling out her hair, divorcing the kids, or laughing to keep from crying. So if you've braved the unthinkable and lived long enough to tell the world about it, feel free to share your stories about parenting teens with courage and candor here. Together we will survive these years of teenage angst.

Mommy-Daughter Super Team (The Making of a Supermodel)


Time sure does fly when you're having fun. Imagine my surprise when my 13 year old told me she wanted to become a model. Having been in the modeling industry myself, I was a bit apprehensive. Then it dawned on me, she was wanting to follow in my footsteps. At a time when most teenage girls want nothing to do with their parents, here was my child saying Mom, I want to be like you.

So I decided to support her in this endeavor and to walk with her through it. I scheduled her first photo shoot with Atlanta-based photographer Antoine Carmichael, who did a phenomenal job and dedicated his entire day to getting the best shots for us.

I must admit while I thought this first shoot would be a bust, given her lack of experience, she absolutely blew me away. I knew then she was serious. 

Stay tuned... Part 2 of "The Making of a Supermodel" will be posted shortly.-- From Mika L.

1 comments:

  1. Atlanta's Best Brand Builder said...
     

    Mika L., I can't wait to read your next installment. Erin looks amazing. Great work! America's Next Top Model, here we come!

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent